Even the ultimate autonomous software systems cannot eliminate ALL accidents - especially if there are irresponsible and/or inattentive human drivers on the roadways. Sadly, accidents - and even tragic fatalities - will still occur.
Question: How to save lives in a roadway accident?
Solution: Manage the collision for the best possible outcome from beginning to end with ARI patented strategies.
Example: You’re on the freeway moving along and suddenly there is a serious problem just ahead. You are 1 second from impact! That's when you need ARI technology guiding your vehicle - with expert real-time Harm Minimization Strategies and lightning-fast reflexes, we mitigate every collision with the goal to save lives!
With speed-of-light autonomous reflexes, we steer around the worst hazards, soften any impacts before they occur, and then call for help if needed. The implementation of ARI Patents can get you through this.
ARI'S SAFETY PATENTS CAN SAVE LIVES
Only 1/500 humans can react fast enough IN ONE SECOND to make a corrective decision to avoid disaster. But will this decision be the VERY BEST DECISION, or, will it be a poor decision which could make a very dangerous and even life-threatening situation worse? To do nothing courts death. And to do something wrong also courts death. This is LOSE-LOSE!
Unfortunately, in many instances, the decision will be a very poor one, as the likelihood of a truly excellent decision may optimistically be 1/100. This means that in only 1 in 5000 accidents requiring instantaneous decision-making and implementation in one second does a human driver make the VERY BEST DECISION.
The fact is that human split-second decisions by drivers who have never driven Formula One race cars, or competed in the Indy 500, are often wrong – and far too often wrong, disastrously so - which is the reason that there is so much emphasis on autonomous driving systems to help eliminate the human factor. And the chance of death is astronomically higher at highway speeds of 65, 70, 80 mph (Montana), or 85 mph (Texas Highway 130). According to TECHNOLOGY ON FULL DISPLAY, "nearly 1 in every 20 miles driven occurs at speeds greater than 80 mph." The NHTSA estimated a 7.2 percent increase in traffic deaths from 2019 to 2020, the highest total in 13 years. "2021 looks to be worse."
The 36,750 roadway deaths per year IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE should be sufficient testimony to the need for ARI harm-mitigation technology. Autonomous safety systems designed to prevent accidents will make a huge difference, and we commend the many talented engineers and scientists pursuing these systems.
Our autonomous safety issued patents and pending applications are innovative recipes for how to minimize harm in traffic accidents.
- Rather than simply slamming on the brakes when a collision is unavoidable, we ACTIVELY MANAGE it to minimize the harm.
- Advancing beyond current methods, we show explicitly how to calculate likely harm in an imminent collision, and how to minimize injury with instantaneous real-time intervention.
- We disclose new methods for localizing each vehicle in traffic more precisely than ever before. Superior localization means superior collision management, and this means minimizing the potential harm - thereby greatly increasing the chances that everyone walks away.
- ARI has developed novel methodologies to localize vehicles in traffic, including unseen (obscured) vehicles in heavy traffic, with better-than-GPS spatial resolution, regardless of the speed of the vehicles.
- By combining 5G rapid-message capability with proprietary V2X algorithms, and our own harm-minimization strategies, we sincerely believe that we provide the best collision-management options in the world.
We have V2X patent applications on file, such as:
- LOCALIZATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF VEHICLES IN TRAFFIC BY 5G MESSAGING
- V2X MESSAGING IN 5G WITH SIMULTANEOUS GPS RECEPTION
- V2X WITH 5G IMAGE EXCHANGE AND AI-BASED VIEWPOINT FUSION
- V2X CONNECTIVITY MATRIX WITH 5G SIDELINK
This is COLLISION MITIGATION in that it combines COLLISION AVOIDANCE and HARM MINIMIZATION. This saves lives, which could be yours or your loved ones.
The question is whether people will walk away.
Our mission at Autonomous Roadway Intelligence is that they will!
ULTRALOGIC 5G, LLC
ARI has a sister company – ULTRALOGIC 5G, LLC – with intellectual property related to revolutionary advances in 5G wireless communications, including, among others:
- EARLY DISCLOSURE OF DESTINATION ADDRESS FOR FAST INFORMATION TRANSFER IN 5G
- ASYMMETRIC MODULATION FOR HIGH-RELIABILITY 5G COMMUNICATIONS
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR PREDICTING 5G NETWORK PERFORMANCE
- WIRELESS PROTOCOLS FOR EMERGENCY MESSAGE TRANSMISSION
- ERROR DETECTION AND CORRECTION IN 5G BY MODULATION QUALITY
- SHORT DEMODULATION REFERENCE FOR IMPROVED RECEPTION IN 5G
- RAPID UPLINK ACCESS BY PARALLEL SIGNALING ON A 5G RANDOM-ACCESS CHANNEL
- SELECTING A MODULATION TABLE TO MITIGATE 5G MESSAGE FAULTS
- LOW-COMPLEXITY ACCESS AND MACHINE-TYPE COMMUNICATION IN 5G
- WIRELESS MESSAGE COLLISION AVOIDANCE WITH HIGH THROUGHPUT
* * * * *
ULTRALOGIC has patented IDENTIFICATION AND LOCALIZATION OF MOBILE ROBOTS, which offers significant value to major manufacturers (including automotive) - as well as to companies with large-scale packaging and shipping requirements.